Ross's lisp Project
Ross
2020-07-28 02:39:11 UTC
For no sound business reason, I needed to write a website
I'm an angry, opinionated, autocad drafter, so i wrote it all in lisp.
No database, no javascript, cgi, php, cookies, etc.

I've worked in a vacuum, re-invented lots of square wheels etc.

I'm slow, so not elegant lisp, copy and paste from hyperspec examples
lisp.

It is live and, so far, everything works as (I) intended.

Data entry is done on a no formula spreadsheet, a csv file is extracted
for lisp use.
The sitemaps are not lisp generated.
Lisp generates everything else.

Cart stuff is dynamic and so is marking items sold/unsold.
The rest is static
Once a week I update and restart lisp via ssh screen and /usr/bin/sbcl --
load ...

Before I go any further, I probably need to know if I've done anything
critically stupid.

Oh https://mammybearsbooks.com
Ross
BUMP!
Arseny Slobodyuk
2020-09-25 03:59:20 UTC
23.09.2020 19:22, Ross пишет:

I think you gave too few technical details for the discussion.
It's great that another one Lisp-powered online shop was started.
I understand it that you used a web server written in Lisp and not inetd
(given how you restart it). I'm personally using a Lisp data server at
work but it is damn slow when made it with inetd. For some reason inetd
approach looks more convenient to me. The culprit with the slow responce
is not only lisp startup time. I did it the straight way (inetd starts
sbcl, redirects data to it and returns the output) and through the named
pipes (sbcl is started only when there is no pipe and stopped after
there is no activity). Either way it much slower compared to tcp
connection to lisp approach. Thought about discussing it several times
but saw no appropriate thread to hijack.