are there any usable oracle database connectioon libraries that work with SBCL?
Bigos
2020-05-05 13:48:44 UTC
I have seen the following:
https://quickref.common-lisp.net/hu.dwim.perec.html
https://pinterface.livejournal.com/34706.html

The problem is that the first is a useless reference and the second is an out of date tutorial.

Perec is the only quicklisp package that had some pieces of documentation found on the web.

Are there any libraries for work with Oracle databases that have a decent tutorial?

Please do not reply if you only googled for the answer. Reply if you have used it at least to a degree where you got a connection and executed a query.
t***@google.com
2020-05-05 21:28:54 UTC
It was more than 10 years ago, but I used CL-SQL to talk to an Oracle DB. I don't know if it has been kept up-to-date, though.
Bigos
2020-05-06 18:26:54 UTC
Post by t***@google.com
Post by Bigos
https://quickref.common-lisp.net/hu.dwim.perec.html
https://pinterface.livejournal.com/34706.html
The problem is that the first is a useless reference and the second is an out of date tutorial.
It was more than 10 years ago, but I used CL-SQL to talk to an Oracle DB. I don't know if it has been kept up-to-date, though.
I have played with Clojure today. I about 4 hours I do to connection
timeout error.

Most of that time was spent trying to figure out how to use proprietary
database driver from Oracle, which did not play well with Maven.
l***@gmail.com
I was using CL-SQL but with CCL, not SBCL. (approx 1 year ago) working with LOBS is quite interesting
Bigos
2020-05-13 16:34:51 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Post by t***@google.com
Post by Bigos
https://quickref.common-lisp.net/hu.dwim.perec.html
https://pinterface.livejournal.com/34706.html
The problem is that the first is a useless reference and the second is an out of date tutorial.
It was more than 10 years ago, but I used CL-SQL to talk to an Oracle DB. I don't know if it has been kept up-to-date, though.
I was using CL-SQL but with CCL, not SBCL. (approx 1 year ago) working with LOBS is quite interesting
That is interesting, but I could not get passed TNS connection problem.
The Clojure toy project go to a point where I could execute the query
and retrieve the data. There is no documentation showing how to do TNS
connection with Lisp. I have no time to look through the driver to find
how to do it. Do you know by any chance how could I do it?

Azathoth Hastur
oracle is cancer
Bigos
2020-05-13 16:31:01 UTC
Post by Azathoth Hastur
Post by Bigos
https://quickref.common-lisp.net/hu.dwim.perec.html
https://pinterface.livejournal.com/34706.html
The problem is that the first is a useless reference and the second is an out of date tutorial.
Perec is the only quicklisp package that had some pieces of documentation found on the web.
Are there any libraries for work with Oracle databases that have a decent tutorial?
Please do not reply if you only googled for the answer. Reply if you have used it at least to a degree where you got a connection and executed a query.
oracle is cancer
Oh dear, who is here? Is it our long time friend gavino?
Did you changed your name when you grew up?
Bigos
2020-05-10 09:56:11 UTC
Post by Bigos
https://quickref.common-lisp.net/hu.dwim.perec.html
https://pinterface.livejournal.com/34706.html
The problem is that the first is a useless reference and the second is an out of date tutorial.
Perec is the only quicklisp package that had some pieces of documentation found on the web.
Are there any libraries for work with Oracle databases that have a decent tutorial?
Please do not reply if you only googled for the answer. Reply if you have used it at least to a degree where you got a connection and executed a query.
I am still stuck. But I have progressed to work on TNS problems and get
ORA-XXXXX errors.

I had to fork the driver to make compilation possible.
https://github.com/bigos/dbd-oracle