any OCR library
m***@gmail.com
2020-03-11 14:25:47 UTC
Hi,
Any open source OCR library written in Common Lisp ? or any other language written in?

Regards
MP
t***@google.com
2020-03-11 17:14:58 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Hi,
Any open source OCR library written in Common Lisp ? or any other language written in?
I don't know of anything in lisp, but a quick Google search brings up Tesseract as one of the top results:
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract
Madhu
2020-03-12 02:37:23 UTC
Post by t***@google.com
Post by m***@gmail.com
Hi,
Any open source OCR library written in Common Lisp ? or any other language written in?
I don't know of anything in lisp, but a quick Google search brings up
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract
Tesseract is g**gle :( There seem to be several lisp interfaces to it on
github including one from borodust.

I thought I saw some all-new CL-only library/framework project for OCR
reported on nntp+news.gwene.org:gwene.org.lisp.planet.github very
recently. Of course I can't find it in a pinch. That rss->news
newsgroup apparently comes from xach's
http://planet.lisp.org/github.atom titled "New GitHub Common Lisp Repos"
I couldn't find an easy way to search for it.

https://github.com/topics/common-lisp has some 923 projects but the
number of new common lisp projects on github in Xach's feed seem to be
in the 10s of 1000s