When will lisp have a better web browser than firefox? or chrome?
Azathoth Hastur
2020-04-18 00:49:28 UTC
next looks like crap

whole point of browser is mouse

what morons

icewm and archlinux here and firefox

:)
Po Lu
2020-04-18 08:06:01 UTC
Post by Azathoth Hastur
next looks like crap
Or rather, Next doesn't look like conventional browsers,
and instead looks a bit like Emacs.
Post by Azathoth Hastur
whole point of browser is mouse
False. I've been using browsers (not just explicitly mouse-based
browsers, but also things like Firefox & co) mostly with the keyboard for
a rather long time already, and they work very well that way.

And since the first "lisp extensible program" that comes to mind is
Emacs (a keyboard centric editor+Lisp computing environment), it makes
sense for the Lisp browsers to try and copy that experience.
Post by Azathoth Hastur
what morons
Is this actually relevant? If so, how?
Same applies to this.
Madhu
2020-04-18 13:13:26 UTC
Post by Po Lu
Or rather, Next doesn't look like conventional browsers,
and instead looks a bit like Emacs.
If you want a browser that works like emacs it would have been conkeror
- which worked on xulrunner and firefox - until version 54 - when google
bought out everyone at mozilla.

I was hoping two of the rather sharp authors would continue work
elsewhere but it was not forthcoming.

Unfortunately the browser playing field has been irreversiby obliterated
by the surveillance (advertising is just a cover for surveiallance) and
bandwidth investors who aim to bring the entire population to digital
slavery under the antichrist. You cant even open up the gnome browser,
based on webkit without it leaving a log on the webservers of both
google and mozila.

The only solace is in the melting of these artifacts and their
perpetrators in the fervent heat of the fire on the coming Day of the
Lord.
Po Lu
2020-04-19 00:09:46 UTC
Post by Madhu
Post by Po Lu
Or rather, Next doesn't look like conventional browsers,
and instead looks a bit like Emacs.
If you want a browser that works like emacs it would have been conkeror
- which worked on xulrunner and firefox - until version 54 - when google
bought out everyone at mozilla.
Hmm, that name is vaguely familiar -- I remember hearing about it some
time ago. I'll check it out, thanks.
Post by Madhu
I was hoping two of the rather sharp authors would continue work
elsewhere but it was not forthcoming.
Unfortunately the browser playing field has been irreversiby obliterated
by the surveillance (advertising is just a cover for surveiallance) and
bandwidth investors who aim to bring the entire population to digital
slavery under the antichrist. You cant even open up the gnome browser,
based on webkit without it leaving a log on the webservers of both
google and mozila.
Disappointing, really; Epiphany used to be a sea of calm in a world of chaos.
Well spoken, brother.
Bigos
Amen
Azathoth Hastur
or perhaps making a nicer browser thats mouse friendly from lisp or some other free software
t***@google.com
2020-04-20 21:46:35 UTC
If you want something done right, you often have to do it yourself.
Azathoth Hastur
2020-04-20 17:59:05 UTC
Post by Azathoth Hastur
icewm and archlinux here and firefox
Same applies to this.
What do you mean False? lol
True!
I use vi like Paul Graham.
Yes of course its relevant you moron.
Learn some manners and English you sperg.
b***@gmail.com
I'm tired of the idolization of Paul Graham at this point.
Po Lu
2020-04-21 08:59:42 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
I'm tired of the idolization of Paul Graham at this point.
This! Paul Graham is a genuinely nice person, but shouldn't be idolized
like he is now. The fact that he chooses an editor doesn't make said
editor a good one either.
Azathoth Hastur
2020-05-04 17:29:05 UTC
Post by Azathoth Hastur
next looks like crap
whole point of browser is mouse
what morons
icewm and archlinux here and firefox
:)
Wow so no intelligent responses.

Why if lisp is superior is there no superior web browser competiton?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just a bunch of insulting dummies as usual.
b***@gmail.com
I really only see one person insulting people, and that would be the one calling other people "dummies".
Azathoth Hastur
2020-05-07 04:32:15 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Azathoth Hastur
Post by Azathoth Hastur
next looks like crap
whole point of browser is mouse
what morons
icewm and archlinux here and firefox
:)
Wow so no intelligent responses.
Why if lisp is superior is there no superior web browser competiton?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Just a bunch of insulting dummies as usual.
I really only see one person insulting people, and that would be the one calling other people "dummies".
well because you are a tard

I ask super intelligent questions and get some wiseass remark...then I tell them whats up...

Don't ever dream I call names in offense...no no only defense...

https://www.vidlii.com/watch?v=4VbDbYTTxlr