how to find packages that depend on a specific package
Gregory Ramirez
2020-03-01 18:18:22 UTC
How can I find all packages from the quicklisp distribution that depend
on a specific package?

Is there a combination of asdf or quicklisp functions to do that?

Another way might be to search in the file
quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/system.txt.

Thanks in advance.
Vladimir Sedach
2020-03-03 20:23:05 UTC
Are you referring to packages, or to ASDF systems?

quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/system.txt lists system dependencies

You can find out the package use list of a package with
PACKAGE-USED-BY-LIST:

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_pkg__1.htm

You can get the dependencies of a system with:

(asdf:system-depends-on (asdf:find-system "name"))
--
Vladimir Sedach
Software engineering services in Los Angeles https://oneofus.la
Brett Anderson
2020-03-04 14:03:48 UTC
Post by Vladimir Sedach
Are you referring to packages, or to ASDF systems?
quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/system.txt lists system dependencies
You can find out the package use list of a package with
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_pkg__1.htm
(asdf:system-depends-on (asdf:find-system "name"))
--
Vladimir Sedach
Software engineering services in Los Angeles https://oneofus.la
Thank you. Thanks to fuzzy completion in Emacs I also found

(ql:who-depends-on "sys-name")

that seems to return a list of all systems that depend on the
system "sys-name".